- The deadline for school nominations is November 30, 2022
The deadline for student OUAC applications is December 14, 2022. (Please note that this is the last day to submit an application to the OUAC.)
The deadline for student scholarship applications is January 16, 2023.
Canada solicits applications for the Lester B. Pearson International Scholarship Grant in 2023. This scholarship award is available to applicants from all over the world.
This scholarship is intended to recognize international students who demonstrate outstanding academic achievement and creativity, and who are recognized as college leaders. Particular emphasis is placed on the impact the student has had on the lives of their college and community, as well as their future potential to positively impact global society.
- Mathematical & Physical Sciences
Commerce & Management
Computer Engineering Science
Kinematics and Physical Education
- The Lester B. Pearson International Scholarship Program will cover four years of tuition, books, miscellaneous fees, and full living expenses. This award is only valid at the University of Toronto.
International students nominated by their schools are eligible to apply for the Lester B. Pearson International Scholarship.
The complete eligibility requirements are:
- Language Requirement: English
All global countries are eligible.
A student of international standing
A creative and original thinker
devoted to school and neighborhood
A person who excels in academic and creative endeavors
Passionate about learning and intellectual pursuits
Have demonstrated strong leadership skills
Current high school seniors or those who have graduated no earlier than June 2022.
- You intend to enroll at the University of Toronto in September 2023. (students already attending post-secondary studies cannot be considered; students starting their studies in January 2023 at another post-secondary institution cannot be considered).
- To apply for the Lester B. Pearson International Scholarship Program, please follow the following application instructions:
- Receive a nomination from your school (High schools that have not yet been contacted/verified are required to submit an application to participate in our program, which can be found here.
- Apply to the University of Toronto to begin your studies in 2023 and submit your admissions application by the deadlines specified (external link). Please be advised that the Pearson Scholarship will be considered for your preferred program at the University of Toronto. You may apply to multiple programs and be admitted to all of them; however, the Pearson Scholarship, if awarded to you, would be limited to your first-choice program at U of T at the time of our scholarship decisions.
- After we have received a nomination and you have applied to the university, you can submit an online application for the Lester B. Pearson Scholarship.